Please help the Street Outreach Program
by donating a pair of new mens wool socks
Come Light our New Outdoor Menorah!
Sunday, December 6th at 5:30pm
January 17, 2016 ~ 3pm to 5pm
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is a Seder? Seder literally means “” and at Passover every year Jews all over the world conduct a seder to commemorate the Exodus from Egypt, the journey from slavery to freedom. We will loosely use the format of the seder to honor the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. and the values he preached.
How long is it? Two hours from 3 to 5 p.m., but that includes time to eat and schmooze.
3. Is there a fee? No. The celebration is free of charge, but feel
“free” also to make a donation of $5.00 per person.
4. Why should we RSVP? We want to be sure you have a
chair, a program, some tasty food and a babysitter if needed!
5. Is it appropriate for young children? Probably “too much”
for kids under 8. We will have a baby sitter.
6. What are the foods? Appetizers and some desserts that are
like the ones we eat at Passover. Fresh fruit, dried fruit, veggies,
macaroons, flour less cakes, chocolate covered matzahs etc.
7. Is it nut free? Yes. Our building is not nut free, but we are telling
all who bring food to avoid nuts.
8. Why the hats and scarves and gloves? MLK Jr. would
have approved….we will collect these items for our homeless and
less fortunate neighbors. New and gently used ( but freshly
9. Can I participate in a choir? Of course!
Contact your own Church, Synagogue or organization for more info.